Travelling by car
Driving to your holidays in Tyrol
Here you find all the necessary information about travelling to your holidays in Ischgl by car, including the quickest and most simple routes. This way you will reach Hotel Madlein in the simplest way and arrive relaxed - a great start to your holiday in Tyrols Alps.
Coming from Germany
- On the Autobahn A7 or the A95 drive south and continue to Fernpass – on the Fernpass Bundestrasse (A-Road B179) via Imst on the A12 – continue through Landeck on the S16 to Pians – then take the junction for Paznaun / Ischgl – from where it is a further 20 KM to Hotel Madlein.
- On the A93, then A12 towards Innsbruck – drive on towards Bregenz, via Landeck continue on the S16 towards Pians – then take the junction towards Paznaun / Ischgl and after a further 20KM you will reach Hotel Madlein
- On the A96 drive towards Lindau – continue on the A14 towards Innsbruck then Bregenz and Feldkirch until you reach Arlberg tunnel – after the tunnel continue on the S16 until you see the exit for Pians – 20 KM from there until you reach Hotel Madlein.
Coming from Italy
- Take the Autobahn A22 via the Brenner into Austria – continue on the A13 until Innsbruck then drive towards Bregenz on the A12. On the S16 drive until you see the exit towards Pians – take the exit and drive on a further 20Kilometres to Ischgl.
- On the SS40 via the Reschenpass cross into Austria – on the B180 A road continue until Landeck – then follow the road until the exit for Pians – from there it is a further 20KM to Ischgl.
Coming from Switzerland
Take the A1 or A3 Autobahn towards Austria – follow the A14 towards Innsbruck – through the Arlberg tunnel – continue on the S16 until you see the exit to Pians – take the exit and from there it is a further 20KM to Ischgl.
Important Information regarding your journey:
In Austria all Autobahns and A roads are toll roads and you will need a Vignette sticker for your car. These toll stickers are available at petrol stations and cigarette shops and can be purchased for a duration of either 10 days, 2 months or a whole year. Driving in Winter means, that you need to prepare your car accordingly: winter tyres are essential, snow chains are also obligatory during certain weather conditions.
Vignette Sticker Prices:
- 10-Days Vignette Sticker: EUR 7,70
- 2 Months Vignette Sticker: EUR 22,20
- 1 Year Vignette Sticker: EUR 73,80
The Vignette sticker for 10 days is valid from midnight of the date of issue and ends at midnight on the 9th day thereafter. The 2 Months vignette sticker is valid for 2 months from the date of issue. The 1 Year Vignette sticker is valid from the 1st of December of the previous year until the 31st of January of the following year. Drive safely! The team at Hotel Madlein is looking forward to welcoming you in person in Ischgl! Here you can send a non-binding room enquiry to Hotel Madlein.